Tubing Near Boone NC: The Ultimate Family Adventure
Are you looking for the best place to take your family tubing near Boone NC? You’re in the right spot! This article will explore the top tubing destinations in the Boone, NC, area, including ski resorts, snow tubing parks, and river tubing trips. So, buckle up, and let’s embark on this incredible adventure together!
Snow Tubing Paradise: Ski Resorts on the East Coast
Boone, NC, is home to some of the most amazing ski resorts on the East Coast. These resorts offer a variety of winter sports, including snow tubing. Here are some of the top picks for snow tubing near Boone:
- Hawksnest Snow Tubing: Boasting the title of the largest snow tubing park in the area, Hawksnest Tubing Park in Banner Elk, NC, is a must-visit. With 30 lanes and a convenient conveyor carpet lift, you can’t go wrong with Hawksnest!
- Appalachian Ski Mountain: Just a short drive from Boone, the Appalachian Ski Mountain offers snow tubing fun for the whole family. Their tubing area is equipped with snow guns, ensuring Mother Nature won’t ruin your plans.
- Beech Mountain Resort: Known for its excellent skiing, Beech Mountain Resort also offers fantastic snow tubing. Beech Mountain Snow Tubing is served by a magic carpet lift, making it an enjoyable experience for all ages.
- Sugar Mountain Resort Ski Lodge: Sugar Mountain Resort has an excellent tubing park with a 700-foot long run and a rope tow. They even offer night tubing for an extra thrill!
River Tubing: The Perfect Way to Cool Off on a Hot Summer Day
River tubing is the perfect way to beat the heat if you visit the Boone area during warmer months. Here are some of the best river tubing spots near Boone:
- High Mountain Expeditions: This outfitter offers guided New River tubing trips in Western North Carolina. Float down the South Fork of the New River while taking in the stunning scenery of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Watauga River Road: Located in Valle Crucis, this section of the Watauga River offers an easy and enjoyable tubing experience. With slow-moving waters and a convenient parking area, it’s a great spot for a relaxing float.
- Deep Creek: Situated in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Deep Creek offers a more adventurous tubing experience. You’re in for a great adventure with various terrain and water levels!
- Townsend, Tennessee: One of our family’s favorite places for river-tubing. Check out our guide here.
What is the best time to go snow tubing near Boone, NC?
Depending on snow conditions, the best time to go snow tubing in the Boone area is typically between December and February. Keep an eye on the weather and check the resorts’ websites for updates on snow conditions.
Are there any special events or deals for tubing in the Boone area?
Many ski resorts and tubing outfitters offer special events and holiday rates. It’s best to check their websites or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information on events and promotions.
What should I wear for snow tubing in the Boone area?
For snow tubing, dress warmly and in layers. Waterproof clothing, gloves, and warm, non-cotton socks are essential. For river tubing, wear quick-drying clothes, water shoes, and sunscreen.
Can I rent tubes for tubing near Boone, NC?
Yes, most snow tubing parks and river tubing outfitters offer tube rentals as part of their services. It’s always good to check their websites or call ahead to confirm availability and pricing.
Are there any age or size restrictions for tubing in the Boone area?
Each tubing destination may have its own age or size restrictions. It’s best to check with the specific park or outfitter you plan to visit for their requirements.
Family-Friendly Boone Attractions
While tubing is undoubtedly a fantastic activity for the entire family, there are plenty of other exciting things to do in the Boone area. Here are some suggestions:
- Blowing Rock: A charming small town with open space perfect for a picnic, Blowing Rock offers picturesque views and quaint shops to explore.
- Boone Jaycee Park: A great place for the whole family to relax and play, this park offers playgrounds, walking trails, and a beautiful creek.
- Beech Mountain Visitor Center: Stop by the visitor center to learn about the history and attractions of Beech Mountain, and don’t forget to take a ride on the chairlift for stunning views!
- Brick Oven Pizzeria: After a day of tubing adventures, treat the family to a delicious meal at Brick Oven Pizzeria in Beech Mountain.
- French Broad River: For a change of pace, consider a rafting trip on the French Broad River. Outfitters like High Mountain Expeditions offer guided trips suitable for the entire family.
A Word on Safety
Whether you’re hitting the slopes or floating down the river, safety should always be a top priority. Follow the guidelines the tubing parks and outfitters provide, and ensure that children are always supervised. Remember to wear appropriate gear and life jackets when necessary.
Tubing near Boone, NC, is the perfect way to create lasting memories with your family. With many snow tubing parks and river tubing spots, you will surely find the ideal destination for your next adventure. So, pack your bags, grab your tubes, and prepare for a fantastic tubing experience in the beautiful North Carolina mountains!