Vacations In Ohio For Families
Best Family Weekend Getaways in Ohio for 2023
Vacations In Ohio For Families: Ohio is ready to reignite your sense of adventure with many family-friendly getaways. It’s not just the cornfields and countryside but diverse attractions, from lakeside retreats to amusement parks, that make the Buckeye State a great place for a family vacation.
- Cincinnati shines as an affordable city packed with activities for families. Visit the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, indulge in ice cream at a local shop, or spend quality time at one of Cincinnati’s state parks.
- South Beach Resort Hotel on Ohio’s coast offers plenty of water sports for teens and relaxing hot tub moments for parents.
- Adventure beckons at Cedar Point’s Hotel Breakers, where roller coasters rule, and fun is non-stop. It also happens to be one of the popular attractions in Ohio.
- The opulent Landoll’s Mohican Castle provides a unique experience with its historic architecture. Besides luxury accommodation, it also offers outdoor adventure activities like horseback riding.
- Great Wolf Lodge has two locations in Ohio – Mason and Sandusky – both provide unforgettable indoor water park experiences after exciting days exploring nearby attractions.
- Premier Carriage House Cottages in Berlin sets you right smack dab in Amish Country, perfect for small towns exploration and some old-fashioned ice cream tasting.
- Central Ohio’s Columbus Zoo promises an interactive day out with exotic animals and engaging exhibits catered to entertain the whole family.
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens bring nature close even within downtown Columbus; explore various ecosystems under glass roofs while roaming downtown area attractions simultaneously!
- Experience an authentic island getaway on Kelley’s Island or Put-in-Bay without leaving the Buckeye State – rent golf carts for easy island navigation, or take your bike if you’re up for an active family trip!
- Nestled near Toledo, Ottawa Metro Park delivers a wide array of outdoor activities- from hiking trails to calm lake swimming – all within a short distance from major cities!
Vacations In Ohio For Families: Top Family Resorts
Great Wolf Lodge, Sandusky
Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, Ohio, emerges as a must-visit resort for families. With its boastful possession of North America’s largest family indoor water park, the lodge ensures fun and excitement at all times.
Equipped with 532 spacious rooms spread across 27 acres, this appealing resort stays bustling with activities on land and in the water. It emanates a family-friendly atmosphere, constantly radiating joy that seems especially tailored for families with young children.
Great Wolf Lodge, Mason
Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio, is a top family resort that offers a variety of activities and attractions for all ages. The lodge is part of the Great Wolf Resorts chain, known for its indoor water parks.
At Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, families can enjoy thrilling water slides, lazy rivers, and splash areas designed specifically for younger children. In addition to the water park, the lodge provides comfortable rooms with amenities like flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
It’s no wonder that Great Wolf Lodge in Mason is a popular destination for families with young children looking to have an exciting and memorable vacation in Ohio.
The Stanford House, Cuyahoga National Park
Established in the mid-19th century, The Stanford House is an intriguing spot for families vacationing in Ohio seeking adventure and historical explorations. Nestled along the scenic Towpath Trail within Cuyahoga Valley National Park presents a unique experience blending outdoor activities with local history.
As part of their visit, families can enjoy hikes on nearby trails while relishing picturesque views of the Cuyahoga River. The house offers warm hospitality and overnight stays accommodating up to 31 guests – perfect for large family gatherings or reunions.
Managed by Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley, this historic site operates as an educational facility offering groups insightful lessons about Northeast Ohio’s storied past.
The Berlin Resort, Amish Country
The Berlin Resort in Amish Country, Ohio, is a luxury hotel and spa offering many family amenities. With recently renovated rooms, the resort provides 77 comfortable accommodations for guests.
Families can relax and unwind at the indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna or indulge in pampering at the spa. The Berlin Resort’s central location in Amish Country makes it an ideal destination for families exploring its rich culture and traditions.
Cherry Ridge Retreat, Hocking Hills
Situated on a private 140+ acre property, Cherry Ridge Retreat provides privacy for guests to enjoy their vacation to the fullest. The retreat boasts amenities like hot tubs, a private pool, groomed trails for hiking, fishing ponds for outdoor enthusiasts, and birdwatching decks and waterside gazebos to relax and enjoy nature’s beauty.
Plus, it is conveniently located near popular attractions in Hocking Hills, so you won’t have to travel far for some exciting adventures during your stay.
The Doghouse Hotel and Brewery, Downtown Columbus
The Doghouse Hotel and Brewery is a unique downtown Columbus, Ohio destination. It’s not just a hotel but the World’s first hotel inside a craft brewery! Families can enjoy their stay in one of the 32 rooms and suites that offer in-room taps of free-flowing BrewDog beer.
And here’s something interesting – each room also has a well-stocked mini-fridge in the shower area! So you can relax and enjoy your favorite brew while preparing for the day.
The Doghouse Hotel and Brewery was even recognized by TIME as one of the World’s 100 Greatest Places in 2019. It’s an experience that families won’t want to miss during their vacation in Ohio!
The Bertram Inn at Glenmoor, Canton
Located in Canton, Ohio, The Bertram Inn at Glenmoor is a charming destination for families looking to unwind and create lasting memories. Surrounded by the beautiful Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, this historic inn offers a serene and picturesque setting.
Built in 1930 as a Catholic seminary, it has been transformed into an elegant resort catering to relaxation and adventure. Families can enjoy the full European Spa and Salon for some much-needed pampering or indulge in the on-site delectable dining options.
With its rich history and stunning surroundings, The Bertram Inn at Glenmoor provides a unique experience for families vacationing in Ohio.
Beachfront Resort, Maumee Bay
Maumee Bay Lodge & Conference Center is a beachfront resort in Oregon, Ohio. The resort offers 120 guest rooms with private balconies overlooking the beach. Guests can enjoy hot tubs, whirlpools, indoor and outdoor pools, and a kids’ splash garden.
What’s great about this resort is its proximity to Maumee Bay State Park and its various family activities and outdoor recreation opportunities. So whether you want to relax by the beach or explore nature trails, Maumee Bay Resort has something for everyone in the family.
Inn Port Lodging, Dayton
Inn Port Lodging is a charming guesthouse in the Oregon District of Dayton, Ohio. It offers comfortable accommodations and free Wi-Fi for families vacationing in Ohio. The guesthouse has flexible room options to suit the needs of different family sizes.
One great thing about Inn Port Lodging is its convenient location within walking distance of restaurants, shops, and galleries. This makes it easy for families to explore and enjoy the local attractions without traveling far.
Additionally, Inn Port Lodging has received positive reviews on websites like Expedia, making it a reliable choice for families looking for a cozy place to stay during their Ohio vacation.
Ravenwood Castle, New Plymouth
Ravenwood Castle in New Plymouth, Ohio, is a top family resort that offers a unique and magical experience. Tucked away in the beautiful Hocking Hills, this castle is designed to resemble castles from the 12th and 13th centuries.
There’s something for everyone here with various accommodations, including castle guest rooms, Medieval Village cottages, and Huntsman’s Hollow cabins. Whether you want to pretend to be royalty or enjoy a cozy cabin getaway, Ravenwood Castle is the perfect place for families seeking adventure and enchantment.
The Lost Pearl Bed and Breakfast, Geneva-on-the-Lake
The Lost Pearl Bed and Breakfast, located in the scenic N.E. Ohio countryside, is a top choice for families looking for a relaxing getaway. Just minutes away from Geneva-on-the-Lake, Lake Erie, and the Grand River Valley wineries, this charming bed and breakfast offers a unique experience in Ohio’s wine country.
With its proximity to attractions like Lake Erie sunsets and Ohio’s finest wineries, it is no wonder that The Lost Pearl has been listed among the top family resorts in Ohio.
Whether you’re seeking a romantic retreat or a fun-filled weekend with the whole family, The Lost Pearl Bed and Breakfast is an excellent option for your vacation in Ohio.
10 Fun Things to Do in Ohio with Kids- Ohio Family Vacation 2023
Root for the Home Team Across the State of Ohio, learn about Aviation History in Dayton (home of the Wright Brothers) at Cuyahoga Valley National Park, celebrate Freedom at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, stay at an Ohio State Park Lodge, visit the Shores of Lake Erie, appreciate American Pop Culture in Cleveland, play and learn at COSI in Columbus, ride the Coasters at Cedar Point and go wild at an Ohio Zoo.
Root for the Home Team Across the State of Ohio
Cheer on your favorite baseball team while you explore the state of Ohio! Attending a baseball game is a must-do activity whether you’re a die-hard fan or just looking for family-friendly entertainment.
Ohio is home to several professional and minor league teams, offering plenty of opportunities to catch a game during your vacation. From the Cincinnati Reds to the Cleveland Guardians, there’s no shortage of exciting matchups to root for.
So grab your peanuts and cracker jacks and immerse yourself in America’s pastime as you create lasting memories with your loved ones.
Immerse yourself in the excitement of an Ohio baseball game while enjoying all this amazing state offers. With numerous stadiums scattered across Ohio, from Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati to Progressive Field in Cleveland, sports fans will surely find their perfect match-up.
Take advantage of springtime activities by catching a ballgame under the warm sunshine with your family. The lively atmosphere, thrilling plays, and delicious ballpark snacks make cheering on the home team an unforgettable experience for visitors of all ages.
Learn About Aviation History in Dayton, Home of the Wright Brothers
Dayton, Ohio, is the perfect place for families to learn about aviation history. It is home to the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, where you can explore the birthplace of flight at the Wright Cycle Company Complex.
Dayton also boasts the first aircraft factory, the Wright Company factory. Whether interested in airplanes, history, or nature, Dayton has something for everyone. You can even follow a bike-themed itinerary to immerse yourself in Dayton’s rich aviation history fully.
So grab your helmets and prepare for an exciting educational adventure in Dayton!
Visit Cuyahoga Valley, National Park
The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is a great place for families to visit in Ohio. With 125 miles of hiking trails, there are plenty of opportunities to explore the park’s beautiful landscapes.
One popular trail is the Ohio and Erie Towpath Trail, perfect for biking, hiking, or running. The Ledges Trail is a must-visit for scenic views and unique rock formations.
Families can also visit the Boston Mill Visitor Center to learn more about the park’s history and wildlife. So if you’re looking for outdoor adventure and quality time with your family, include a trip to Cuyahoga Valley National Park when visiting Ohio.
Celebrate Freedom at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati
The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati is a must-visit destination for families vacationing in Ohio. Located at 50 East Freedom Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202, this center offers a unique and educational experience for all ages.
With modified hours from Wednesday to Sunday (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), you can explore exhibits that showcase the history of the Underground Railroad and celebrate Freedom. From interactive exhibits to thought-provoking displays, the center allows visitors to learn about the courageous individuals who fought for Freedom and equality.
Plan your trip accordingly, as the center is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. So make sure you include a visit to this historic site during your family vacation in Ohio!
Stay at an Ohio State Park Lodge
Ohio State Park Lodges offer families a convenient and comfortable base for their vacation in Ohio. These lodges provide a variety of accommodations, including well-appointed lodge rooms and dining options.
Families can also enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools, perfect for relaxing or splashing around. The best part is that these lodges are just a short drive from Ohio’s state parks’ exciting activities and natural beauty.
So whether you’re exploring the hiking trails, fishing in the lakes, or enjoying quality time with your loved ones, staying at an Ohio State Park Lodge guarantees a memorable vacation experience.
Visit the Shores of Lake Erie
Lake Erie is a must-visit destination for families on an Ohio vacation. This beautiful lake offers many fun activities for kids and families.
Whether you love swimming at the beach, exploring nature preserves, boating or fishing, or even canoeing along the peaceful waters, Lake Erie has something for everyone. The shores of Lake Erie are also home to Shores & Islands Ohio, which is known as a premier lakeside getaway destination.
With year-round events and plenty of exciting activities available, it’s no wonder that Trekaroo recommends visiting the shores of Lake Erie as one of their favorite things to do on an Ohio family vacation.
Appreciate American Pop Culture in Cleveland
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland is a must-visit attraction for families vacationing in Ohio. Here, you can immerse yourself in American pop culture and music history.
Explore exhibits that showcase iconic artists, learn about the evolution of rock and roll, and even try your hand at playing instruments. Cleveland’s vibrant music scene extends beyond the museum walls, with live music venues hosting yearly concerts.
For art enthusiasts, the Cleveland Museum of Art is another top-notch destination in the city. With its extensive collection spanning various periods and cultures, there’s something to captivate everyone’s interest.
Play and Learn at COSI in Columbus, Ohio
COSI Columbus is an excellent place for families on vacation in Ohio. COSI, which stands for Center of Science and Industry, aims to engage, inspire, and transform lives through science, technology, and industry learning.
With interactive exhibits and educational programs for all ages, COSI offers a fun and exciting way for the whole family to play and learn together. In addition to its regular exhibits, COSI hosts family-friendly events and activities throughout the year.
Ride the Coasters at Cedar Point
Cedar Point in Ohio is a must-visit destination for families seeking thrilling adventures. Known as the Roller Coaster Capital, Cedar Point boasts an impressive collection of 18 world-class roller coasters that will leave you breathless and wanting more.
Whether you’re a seasoned coaster enthusiast or trying out your first ride, Cedar Point has something for everyone.
In 2023, Cedar Point will introduce new ride experiences, including the exciting Wild Mouse family coaster. Families can also enjoy the kid-sized Woodstock Express coaster at Camp Snoopy, ensuring that even the little ones experience the excitement of riding a roller coaster.
The new Wild Mouse spinning roller coaster is another highlight in the Boardwalk area. With twists and turns, this thrilling ride promises an unforgettable experience for families looking for an adrenaline rush.
Go Wild at an Ohio Zoo
Ohio is home to several amazing zoos and aquariums that provide exciting experiences for families on vacation. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Toledo and Aquarium, Cincinnati Zoo, Botanical Garden, and Cleveland Metro Parks Zoo are excellent choices to go wild at an Ohio zoo.
These zoos offer various animal species to discover and learn about and interactive exhibits that engage visitors of all ages. Whether you’re fascinated by lions, giraffes, penguins, or elephants, you’ll find them all in these fantastic zoos.
So grab your family and get ready for an unforgettable adventure with the wild animals of Ohio!
11 Best Family Vacations in Ohio — That All Ages Love!
The Lytle Park Hotel Autograph Collection is the Editor’s Choice for the best family vacation in Ohio.
The Lytle Park Hotel, Autograph Collection (Editor’s Choice)
The Lytle Park Hotel, Autograph Collection is a top-rated 4.5-star luxury hotel in Ohio that has been recognized as one of the best hotels in the USA for 2023 by U.S. News. This hotel offers free WiFi and boasts two restaurants and two bars/lounges, providing plenty of options for dining and relaxation during your stay.
Travelers have given this hotel positive reviews, with a high rating on TripAdvisor. As part of the Autograph Collection, known for its unique and boutique hotels, The Lytle Park Hotel offers a special experience that families will love.
It’s no wonder it’s considered one of Ohio’s best choices for family vacations!
Hilton Cleveland Downtown
Hilton Cleveland Downtown is a great choice for families vacationing in Ohio. The hotel offers spacious rooms with modern decor and stunning views of Lake Erie and the Cleveland skyline.
Kids will love the indoor swimming pool, providing hours of fun and entertainment. With its central location in downtown Cleveland, the Hilton is conveniently situated near popular attractions and activities that are perfect for families.
Whether catching a Guardians game at the nearby stadium or exploring the city’s museums and parks, you’ll find plenty to do just minutes away from your hotel. Consider staying at Hilton Cleveland Downtown for a comfortable, convenient, family-friendly experience during your Ohio vacation.
Punderson Manor Resort & Conference Center
Punderson Manor Resort & Conference Center, located in Punderson State Park, is a historic English Tudor-style estate that offers a delightful setting for families vacationing in Ohio.
With its charming ambiance and range of amenities, this resort is considered one of the best family vacations in the state. Situated near one of Ohio’s largest Amish settlements, Punderson Manor provides an excellent opportunity to explore local culture and history.
Whether you’re looking for luxury or family fun, this resort has something for everyone.
South Beach Resort Hotel
The South Beach Resort Hotel is a luxury hotel located near the popular attractions of Cedar Point and Sandusky in Ohio. Its private sand beach offers families a perfect place to relax and have fun.
The resort features three outdoor pools where guests can swim and enjoy the sun. With a rating of 3.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor, this hotel provides excellent accommodations for families looking to make lasting memories during their vacation in Ohio.
Cincinnati is one of the best family vacation destinations in Ohio. It’s known for its splashy fun and is home to South Beach, a popular family spot. In addition to enjoying the water, you can also check out The Escape Game Cincinnati, a thrilling attraction loved by families.
Don’t miss the breathtaking views of the Ohio River and Smale Park while you’re there! And when it comes time to eat, Cincinnati offers a mix of upscale and casual dining options that will satisfy every family member.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Cuyahoga Valley National Park is a must-visit destination for families vacationing in Ohio. As the only national park in the state, it offers something unique. Spanning 33,000 acres between Cleveland and Akron, this park is known for its breathtaking natural beauty and rich history.
With over 100 waterfalls and stunning views, you’ll be amazed by the deep canyons and geological formations. Whether you’re into hiking, biking, fishing, birdwatching, or camping, there’s an outdoor activity that will suit every member of your family.
Plus, with two dedicated hiking trails and plenty of opportunities to explore nature up close, Cuyahoga Valley National Park promises an unforgettable adventure for all ages.
Toledo, known as the “water recreational capital of the state,” is a fantastic destination for families looking to enjoy outdoor activities. Located in Lucas County, Toledo offers many opportunities for hiking and exploring nature at Maumee Bay State Park.
With its beautiful scenery and affordable attractions, Toledo has been ranked as the most economical city for family vacations by Forbes Advisor. Whether you’re interested in water sports or want to take a relaxing stroll by the river, Toledo provides a great mix of adventure and affordability for your family vacation in Ohio.
Amish Country in Ohio is one of the top family vacation destinations in the state. Located in Holmes County, the largest town in Amish Country is Millersburg. However, other important towns exist to explore, such as Walnut Creek, Berlin, Charm, and Sugarcreek.
One must-visit attraction is The Farm at Walnut Creek, where visitors can experience the Amish lifestyle on a working farm and see exotic animals. Amish Country offers picturesque landscapes, charming towns, and authentic Amish experiences that families will love.
Canton is a must-visit destination for families vacationing in Ohio. This city offers many attractions and activities suitable for all family members. Canton has historical significance, with connections to U.S. Presidents and industry titans, and boasts proximity to other popular family vacation spots in Ohio.
Whether interested in exploring the fascinating history or enjoying outdoor adventures, Canton has something for everyone. It’s no wonder that this city is a popular and worthwhile destination for families looking to create lasting memories together.
Dayton is a city in Ohio that offers many attractions and activities for families. Dayton has it all if you want to explore history, learn something new, or have fun.
One must-visit attraction in Dayton is the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force. It’s not only informative but also exciting for kids of all ages. Other top attractions in Dayton include the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery and Carillon Historical Park, which offer interactive exhibits and a chance to learn about local history.
With so many family-friendly places to explore, Dayton is worth adding to your Ohio vacation itinerary.
Additionally, when planning your trip to Dayton, check out other top things to do with kids in the area, such as visiting RiverScape MetroPark or taking a ride on the scenic train at Carriage Hill MetroPark.
There are plenty of options for outdoor adventures, like hiking or biking along trails through picturesque landscapes. For those who enjoy sports and recreation, there are also opportunities for golfing or playing games at one of the local parks.
Columbus, Ohio, is an excellent place for a family vacation. It offers something for everyone, making it suitable for all ages. Active families will love the miles of activities available in Columbus, from exploring the renowned Columbus Zoo to experiencing thrilling rides at Cedar Point amusement park.
Kids will enjoy many educational and interactive exhibits, such as COSI (Center of Science and Industry). With its world-class attractions and diverse range of things to do, Columbus will surely provide endless fun and adventure for the whole family.
Comparing Destinations: Which One Is Right For You?
Choosing the right vacation destination in Ohio depends on your family’s interests and preferences. Here’s a comparison of some popular spots:
– South Beach Resort: This beachfront resort offers a variety of water activities suitable for all ages. Ideal for families who love water sports and beach activities.
– Columbus: A city that offers a wide range of attractions for everyone. Great for families who enjoy exploring city life with a mix of arts, sports, and shopping.
– Cincinnati: A bustling city with numerous affordable attractions, including the renowned Kings Island amusement park. Perfect for families looking for an urban vacation with various entertainment options.
– Put-in-Bay, Kelley’s Island, and Middle Bass Island: These islands offer a unique vacation experience with a relaxed pace, ideal for families who wish to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
– Perry’s Cave Family Fun Center: This destination offers fun and educational experiences, making it an excellent choice for families with young children.
– Cuyahoga Valley National Park: An ideal destination for families who enjoy outdoor activities, featuring stunning waterfalls and hiking trails.
As you compare these destinations, consider the travel time from your home and the kind of experiences your family enjoys most. Plan your perfect Ohio vacation keeping these factors in mind.
What Outdoor Activities Can Families Enjoy In Ohio?
Families vacationing in Ohio can enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities. Here are some popular options:
- Hiking: Explore the beautiful trails in places like the Hocking Hills region and Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
- Fishing: Cast your line in the Ohio River or one of the many lakes and streams throughout the state.
- Boating: Take a leisurely cruise on Lake Erie or try your hand at water sports like jet skiing.
- Camping: Pitch a tent or park an R.V. at one of Ohio’s many state parks for a fun-filled overnight adventure.
- Golfing: Tee off at one of the state’s top-notch golf courses, offering challenging fairways and scenic views.
- Biking: Hit the bike trails, whether a leisurely ride along the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail or an exhilarating mountain biking excursion.
- Wildlife watching: Watch for deer, birds, and other wildlife as you explore Ohio’s forests and wetlands.
What Is The Best Time To Visit Ohio For A Family Vacation?
– June and August are the best time to visit Ohio for a family vacation.
– Weather during this time is hot and humid, perfect for outdoor activities and water parks.
– Remember that this is the peak tourist season so expect larger crowds and higher accommodation prices.
– To secure your stay, booking rooms in advance if planning a trip during this period is advisable.
– Ohio offers affordable options, making it an excellent choice for families on a budget.
Ohio is the perfect destination for a family vacation, offering something for everyone. With beautiful state parks, exciting amusement parks, and historical sites to explore, Ohio has no shortage of fun activities.
Ohio has it all, whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, or quality time with your loved ones. Start planning your next family getaway and create lasting memories in the Buckeye State!
- What are some of the best places to visit in Ohio with your family? The best places in Ohio for a family visit include Cedar Falls, Kelley’s Island, Old Man’s Cave, and Catawba Island State Park. Don’t miss the Great Lakes Science Center, especially if you have history buffs in your group.
- Where can the family enjoy the great outdoors in Ohio? Ohio’s great outdoors can be explored at locations like Hocking Hills, where you can visit Ash Cave or Cedar Falls for a beautiful natural experience. Kelley’s Island also provides a great way to connect with nature.
- What are some popular attractions for older kids in Ohio? Older kids will enjoy exploring the Olentangy Indian Caverns, riding jet skis on the lake, or taking a thrilling train ride through scenic landscapes.
- Where can I find special events and festivals suitable for families? Special events for families are abundant in Ohio, from local fairs to seasonal festivals in big cities like Columbus and Cleveland.
- Is there a good petting zoo for younger children in Ohio? Various petting zoos across the state provide a great way for younger children to engage with animals. These can make a fun weekend getaway for the family.
- Can I combine a road trip with a visit to historic sites in Ohio? Absolutely! A road trip through Ohio can include visiting historic sites like German Village and other attractions across northwest Ohio. It’s a great way to spend much time together as a family.
- What’s there to do at Catawba Island State Park? Catawba Island State Park offers a range of activities, from beach lounging to exploring trails. It’s a popular attraction for both residents and visitors.
- Are there attractions in Ohio for those interested in West Virginia’s history? While Ohio has many historic sites and museums, specific West Virginia history might be better explored within West Virginia itself. However, you can learn a lot about the region’s history through various attractions in Ohio.
- What are the best things to do on a family weekend getaway in Ohio? Some of the best things to do on a weekend getaway include visiting Cedar Falls, exploring Old Man’s Cave, renting jet skis, enjoying a game room, and exploring the cultural richness of places like Port Clinton.
- Where can I take the family for a big-city experience in Ohio? For a big-city experience, consider visiting cities like Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati, where attractions like the Great Lakes Science Center await.
Ohio’s diverse attractions offer something for every family member. From the thrilling rides at Cedar Point to the serenity of Old Man’s Cave, there’s no shortage of entertainment. Whether planning a road trip or a weekend getaway, Ohio’s unique blend of big city attractions and great outdoors guarantees a memorable family vacation.